21 days, 21 recipes…
Our multitasker Rakeshji of SaffronStays Honeystone By Narkanda Ski Slopes is the chef and caretaker of this swiss-style chalet in Narkanda. He says, there are several unique Himachali dishes, but the recipe which he wishes to share with us is of Siddu – a humble steamed bun.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ¼ yeast mixed in warm water Or 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup water
- 50 gms sesame seeds
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Mix wheat flour, baking powder, water, salt and knead into a soft dough. Leave the dough to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- In a pan, dry roast sesame seeds. Once the seeds cool down blend to form powder.
- In a bowl, mix the powder, chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Make sure the mixture is dry.
- Flatten a medium-sized dough and fill a small amount of dry mixture in the centre. Close the dough to make buns.
- Steam the siddus for 25-30 minutes or until they are fluffy. Serve hot with ghee.
Read More: If you’ve missed our Konkani Solkadhi.