In times when you cannot get fresh fish, or don’t eat fish at all, here is an easy-to-replicate recipe for light snacking. Arjun Masthi of Calamondinn Bungalow shares one of his favourite creations to serve guests.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp meat masala/kadhai masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3-6 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 750 gm yam
- salt to taste
- Mix meat masala/kadhai masala, turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, lemon and ginger paste to create masala. This masala can be used for fish preparations as well.
- Remove the yam skin and slice into ¼ inch pieces.
- Boil for 5-10 mins, or till a knife can pass through without resistance.
- Drain the pieces and cool under running water.
- Marinate in masala for atleast an hour.
- Pour oil in a wide-bottom pan. Shallow-fry marinated yam till thin skin appears.
- Serve hot with green chutney.