21 Days, 21 Recipes…
SaffronStays Constellations is no less than a paradise, and Sukhchandji’s delicious food is like a cherry on the cake. He is a professional chef and cooks everything from Chinese, Italian, Continental to Thai, Mexican and Indian. Besides cooking, he also takes care of the home and looks after the guest. Here’s the recipe of his favourite Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani for you to try it at home:
- 1kg rice
- 1 kg marinated chicken
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 250 gms yoghurt
- 1tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1tbsp Everest garam masala
- 2 tbsp salt
- ½ tamarind powder
- 10 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4pcs cloves
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- 3-4 chopped spinach leaves
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 5-6 stems of coriander leaves
- ½ tbsp rose water
- 1 roll kitchen foil
- Boil the spinach, mint and coriander leaves in a utensil for 5-10 mins on a slow flame. Remove and wash under running water.
- Boil rice on a medium flame for 20 mins in a pressure cooker or utensil.
- Marinate the chicken in yoghurt and keep aside for 10-15mins.
- Pour 4-5 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add chopped onions, garlic-ginger paste, cinnamon powder, cumin powder, cloves and bay leaves. Keep aside once onions turn brown.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp oil in the frying pan. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, garam masala and tamarind powder. Keep aside once cooked.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil and fry the marinated chicken with spinach, mint and coriander leaves for 5 mins.
- Mix rice, chicken and cooked vegetables. Stir for 10 mins on a low flame.
- Sprinkle rose water and mix it well. Pack the vessel with foil and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Mix well before serving.
Best served with Boondi or Cucumber Raita.
Read more: In case, you’ve missed Ratan’s Gulab Jamun.