21 Day, 21 Home Chefs share their secret recipes…
Looking for a quick breakfast recipe? While the aroma of jackfruit can be daunting, these shallow-fried dumplings are a short-shot quick way to savour this seasonal fruit. Calamondinn Bungalow’s Arjun Masthi shares this easy-to-replicate recipe, ideal for Sunday brunches with family.
Try this quick dish and tell us how it was!
- 2 cups medium-ripe jackfruit (neither too raw nor too ripe)
- 2-4 tbsp rice flour
- 2-4 tsp jaggery powder
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 4-6 tbsp ghee
- Churn jackfruit into a paste.
- Add enough rice flour to bring to an idli batter consistency.
- Add jaggery and cardamom powder to balance the flavour.
- Steam like idlis, preferably in turmeric or banana leaves.
- Pour ghee in a wide bottom pan, and shallow fry till crisp skin forms on both sides.
- Serve hot.