21 days, 21 recipes…
Well, there’s nothing a delicious prawn curry with steamed rice can’t fix. Here’s Rajesh Yadav, our chef from SaffronStays Alohomora, Goa, sharing his favourite Goan Prawn Curry recipe.
- 500 g prawns
- 1/2 tsp turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 8-10 kashmiri red chillies
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cloves
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10-12 curry leaves (Optional)
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add the marination to the cleaned prawns and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients for making the masala and blend to make a smooth paste. Add little water to the paste if required.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the marinated prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same oil, add curry leaves, green chilli and saute them for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry until they turn translucent.
- Add tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the masala paste, 1/2 cup water, tamarind paste and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, 2 cups water and cooked prawns and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with rice.
Read more: If you’ve missed our Rice Appe.