21 Days, 21 Home Chefs share their recipes…
We’ve often heard that the food she prepares is to die for! A sarpanch of her locality, Kalpana taai, our in-home cook at SaffronStays Avabodha, Panchgani, shares her rice appe recipe – a popular South Indian snack.
- 200 gms rice
- 100 gms urad dal
- 10 gms moong dal
- 50 gms toor dal
- 7-8 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 10 gms chopped coriander
- 50 gms carrot (Optional)
- 50 gms capsicum (Optional)
- 50 gms onion (Optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Soak the rice, urad dal, moong dal and toor dal overnight.
- Once fermented, add some water to this mix and blend it until smooth. Add some salt, garlic, chillies and coriander to this mix. Add veggies to the batter, as per your liking.
- Heat the appe mould on low flame and grease them with oil. Pour the batter into the moulds and cook until it is golden brown. Turn the appes upside down to cook them from the other side, too.
Rice appes are best served with coconut chutney or sambhar.