Right from pampering you with sweets to storytelling sessions, there’s no love like grandparents’ love. In many cases, they were also the ones looking after you while your parents were away, at work. Think it’s time to revisit all those days with your grandparents? In association with Seniority, here are chances to recreate those memories at our elderly-friendly villas in India.
Remember the Raja-Maharaja ki kahaanis you heard as kids? It’s time to visit one such mahal of sorts. SaffronStays Elgin Hall, a 7-bedroom elderly-friendly home in Dalhousie is a majestic villa, which has a legacy of more than 100 years.
- Swap roles. Enjoy warm barbeque nights by the outdoor fireplace and narrate stories to your grandparents just like they used to!
- Outfitted with old cupboards, dressing tables and poster beds, each room here has a vibe of its own due to the colours and decor
- Feel nothing less than a part of the royal family as you enjoy lordly breakfast served on a wooden cart
Have your grandparents dreamt of living in the hills with no one but just their pets for company? This villa in Himachal Pradesh SaffronStays Villa Asha, is not only elderly-friendly but also pet-friendly.
- 2-bedroom rustic abode, which is a perfect combination of simplicity and splendour
- The snug dining room is where all family members can relish delicious home-cooked meals
- Just look to your left (or right) and lose yourself to some mesmerising views
Nestled amidst green farms and palm groves, this rustic eco-friendly villa near Mumbai is elderly-friendly. So, if nature has always been a major part of your grandparents’ life, SaffronStays Arwa Farms is the one.
- Adorned with earthen pots, wooden showpieces, vintage telephones, quirky displays and artefacts, this home exhibits rustic interiors
- Wake up to birds chirping as the sun rises in glory
- Your Nana-Nani will never forget the authentic Maharashtrian meals prepared at his home
Goa trip with friends has always been on everyone’s checklist. Why not take a Goa trip with your grandparents and the entire family? If your grandparents are cooler than thou, SaffronStays Alohomora a 3-bedroom villa near Thalassa, is an ideal getaway.
- 3-bedroom pool villa with an authentic Goan look built with red laterite stone and capped with red shingles
- Challenge your grandparents over a game of carom or pick some books from the in-home library
- Take a walk in the city of beaches or do some touristy things along with your grandparents
We’re inviting all the sporty senior citizens in the house to this elderly-friendly home set amidst nature! And so, if your grandfather keeps telling you stories about his golf championship days, it’s time you give him a chance to relive those days again. Head to SaffronStays Milton Abbott Estate in Ooty for your next family getaway.
- This heritage homestay in Ooty was built in the 1860’s
- The authentic Tamilian/ Sri Lankan cuisine here is one thing you just can’t miss!
- Bond over a game of golf in the nearby golf course or relax with your grandparents around a bonfire
Being movie buffs, have you and your grandparents planned on visiting a movie set someday? What if you could spend your next weekend getaway near Bangalore at one such location. SaffronStays Maleya Manor is where the super-hit Kannada film Mungaru Male, starring Ganesh and Pooja Gandhi in the lead roles, was shot.
- 3-bedroom elderly-friendly home in Karnataka
- With Buddhist artefacts, old school chandeliers and a huge swing in the centre of the living area, this home will take you back to simpler times
- Together with your grandparents, sip on some freshly brewed steaming cup of coffee from the coffee plantation of the home
If you need more options to plan the best getaway with your grandparents, visit https://www.seniority.in/ to avail special offers for you.