Planning your next monsoon weekend getaway and have no idea where to take your friends and fam? Embark on a journey to a place at a drivable distance from Mumbai. Get mesmerised with its scenic lush green views as it will leave you with fond memories!
Surrounded by lush green mountains and well-known as a holy and ancient city in the state of Maharashtra, Nashik is peaceful yet full of colour and energy. This makes it a perfect monsoon weekend getaway with your dear ones. Nashik is famed for its beautiful temples and caves. If you are travelling to this city for the first time, here are a few things you must know.
How To Get There:
Mumbai is 185 km from Nashik and connected via NH-3, with Thane, Kasar and Igatpuri on the way. And the holy city is 220 km from Pune. You can conveniently fly down from Mumbai or Pune airport. Luxury state and private buses are available between Nashik and Mumbai, Pune, Shirdi, and Aurangabad. You can take a taxi from Mumbai to Nashik too.
We strongly recommend not to miss out on the experience of an amazing road trip to make your monsoon weekend getaway more special.
While On Your Drive To Nashik:
Being known as a “Spiritual Capital of Maharashtra”, the air of the Nashik city carries a spiritual feeling of being close to the Almighty. You’ll pass through lush green ghats and waterfalls which will make you go ‘Wow!’
Monsoons in Nashik are truly enthralling. You can see the mighty mountains covered with lush greens and grey clouds looming over them. Get all your perfect Instagram worthy shots and at the same time enjoy the precious moments with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to put on our specially curated Spotify Playlists while on your drive to the perfect monsoon weekend getaway!
SaffronStays provides an array of homes in Nashik to spend your perfect monsoon weekend getaway!
- A 5-bedroom farm stay with a gym, private pool, jacuzzi, steam & sauna
- Overlooks the Gautami dam reservoir, a vineyard and valley views
- Have pool parties, barbeque nights and don’t miss out on garam garam pakoras with hot piping chai this monsoon while on your stay here!
- Perfect for large group outings, this is a 4-bedroom Veg- Only quaint farmhouse.
- This waterfront villa is set amidst the rolling greens and overlooking the Darna river flanked by mountains.
- Relive your childhood days by indulging in the old age games of kho-kho, dog and the bone, football, etc, etc.
- We’re pretty sure SaffronStays Mega Farms will make your monsoon weekend getaway an unforgettable experience.
- With a serene backdrop and views of the lush green hills and lake, make the best of your weekend right here!
- For all the cricket fanatics, relive your “Galli Cricket” days and make use of the cricket pitch!
- Let’s not leave anyone behind! Get your furry friends along too this monsoon weekend getaway and have a total blast!
- We recommend using the dam road to reach this villa. See the stunning views of the dam while on your way!
- With a spacious ground, this 3-bedroom farm stay is ideal for large group gatherings, private functions, and special occasions
- An earthy home surrounded by a farm and view of the surrounding farms and Lake Kadwa
- Take a stroll in the vegetable farm in the backyard or spend some time sweating it out on the cricket pitch.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are travelling with a larger group, we have a 2-bedroom villa on the same grounds- SaffronStays Serenity – that you can book.
- A perfect outing for a family or a large group of friends near Mumbai
- Enjoy the views of the lush landscape, rippling river, and the mountains right from your window!
- Indulge yourself with lip-smacking local cuisine made by our cooks. We’re pretty sure that these dishes will leave a lingering taste in your mouth.
- Tucked in the serene hill station of Deolali near Nashik this a
3-bedroom countryside villa
- Take a long walk under the stars or set out to a short trekking adventure.
- Enjoy the picturesque vision of endless open landscapes, mighty hills, and don’t forget to visit the Beale lake.
Having half of India’s vineyards and wineries, the city is also well known as the “Wine Capital of India”. Taking a wine tour at the famous Sula Vineyards can be the perfect way to put an end to a tiring day.
With cloudy mountains surrounding the Trimbakeshwar Temple from most sides and the temple being in the middle, the views are just spectacular. A visit to this place while on your monsoon weekend getaway is a MUST!
For all the adventure lovers and trekkers, you can start by trekking the famous Brahmagiri Hills which are situated just at the backside of the temple. Even though the trek is a bit long (2-3 hours – approx. 1000 stairs) and tiring, the views all along the way will keep you motivated to make it to the top. A tree on the Brahmagiri hill is believed to be the origin of the Godavari river.
Next on the list of places to visit this monsoon weekend getaway is the popular Anjaneri Fort which is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Hanuman. The initial climb consists of around 1000 stairs which are followed by scrambled paths.
Most of the places of interest in the town lie near to Panchavati area, which is the religious and holy place located on the northern part of river Godavari.
More Places to Visit along the way: Sita Gufaa, Shri Kalaram Mandir, Ramkund and the Shri Someshwar Mahadev Temple.
Nashik is famous for Agro -Tourism. Here’s your chance to get close to nature in a more positive and effective way.
Just 70 km away from Nashik, Bhandardara Dam (a.k.a. Wilson Dam) falls is in Ahmednagar district. It is the originating point of Pravara River in the Western ghats and is a good tourist spot.
You can take hundreds of pictures and still not be able to do justice to the sheer beauty of this mesmerizing town.
So, doesn’t this make you want to pack your bags and head to this perfect monsoon weekend getaway?
Your perfect monsoon weekend getaway is just a click away!
[email protected] | 8424040040