An easy-to-digest guide perfect for first-time visitors.
Candolim is undoubtedly one of the world’s best confluence of rave and respite. This town is well-known for its breathtaking coastline as well as its raucous parties. The swanky nightclubs, vibrant streets, and aromatic beach shacks add colour and depth to the Candolim experience, especially for travelers. Read on to know more on how to enhance your escapade in this vibrant cosmopolitan town.
Where to Eat
- Calamari is undoubtedly the hottest table in town. Discover Goa’s much-hyped-about seafood scene here with a lovely view of the beach and a laid-back vibe.
- ‘Bomra’s’ is a patchwork of Burmese cuisine and Indian, Chinese and Thai influences.
- Moreover, adding to the global food trail in Candolim is ‘Tuscany Garden’. This place serves classic Italian cuisine paired with imported wines and cocktails.
- Café Chocolatti, helmed by the in-house chocolatier, serves home-made food in a lush garden setting. (Psssst…. the crepes and chocolate truffles served here are absolutely divine)
Where to shop
- Indian Arts Exposition: They curate an innovative collection of exquisite jewelry; think diamonds, bracelets, precious stones etc.
- The Leather Shop: A sustainable lifestyle brand that makes everything from leather including slippers, clutches, wallets and more.
- Private Collection Boutique: This art-gallery-cum-home-store sells a myriad of designer clothes, bags as well as furniture. For those seeking spiritual guidance, Ramona – the holistic healer warps you into a vortex of beauty, calm and creativity.
- Sheek Emporium: This boutique is what wool and linen dreams are made out of. Their impressive collection of cashmere stoles, pashminas, and embroidered kaftans will make you drool. Shapes are sleek and colours range from pastel to pop.
Where to party
- Club LPK
Situated on the banks of River Nerul, this peninsular nightclub is amongst the most coveted party destinations in Goa. The extremely lit pre-historic layout is dotted with mud sculptures, eccentric décor and a large collection of limited-edition whiskey and signature cocktails.
Dressed in sleek modern furnishes that effortlessly complement the surroundings, SinQ exudes an ultra-sophisticated vibe that enamours its visitors with its vastness. With state-of-the-art sound-system and a fine selection of wines, champagnes, and cocktails, this chic club is one of the best party places in Goa to let your spirits run young, wild and free.
- Club Cubana
A nightclub with a difference! Club Cubana is known for its swanky décor, canopied lounges as well as glamorous ambiance. This multi-tiered club has a bar on every level and, not to mention, a tempting Jacuzzi to cool off those agitated brows. It is the perfect place to kick back your hair and shake a leg.
Cohiba can easily be recognized as one of Goa’s most distinguished gastro-pubs. A place frequented by the who’s who of India, this luxe club draws you towards its opulent setting. In addition, the expansive menu is replete with some eclectic cocktails and fantastic food.
Where to Stay
Synonymous with the term ‘designer pad’ is SaffronStays Saanuki. This art-deco themed apartment is conveniently located in the most happening town of Goa. It exudes a decidedly Zen vibe in sharp contrast to the frenetic scene below. The frames adorning the walls in the dining space sing an ode to a bygone cinematic era while the comfortable settees in lounge area invite all to embrace them. The big splash, however, is the shared community pool just outside this 3-bedroom design-hub. The serene beaches, curio shops, and various F&B offerings will be reason enough to book yourself into this chic home-stay.
For bookings contact: [email protected] | (+91) 8424 040 040