The bond between siblings is unique – be it the pretend fistfights, the fun blackmailing on letting out each other’s secrets, the sibling rivalry, and sometimes not being able to stand each other. However, this bond is not just limited to your blood ties. There are friends like family, sisters who can go too far to express their love for you, and your cousins with whom you share precious vacation memories.
If like us, you too have missed celebrating festivals in the company of those you love, Raksha Bandhan is an ideal occasion. Let’s take a look at some of the best Raksha Bandhan getaways near Mumbai and Pune.
- 7 Seas, Alibaug: A contemporary farm stay for those who remind you of your roots? Sounds like a plan! A fam-jam at this 7-bedroom pool villa in Alibaug with lush lawns is sure to leave you wanting more time with them. Pool volleyball, tying a rakhi on the lawns, and relishing fresh home-cooked meals… we wouldn’t celebrate this festival any other way.
- Masaya, Alibaug: For the set of siblings who grew up fighting over instant noodles but share a common love for nature (and each other), Masaya is the instant choice when it comes to celebrating at a private villa. The first thing that pops into our mind is the pink bunches of bougainvilleas, the natural waterfall, and the home’s location on the top of a hill. This 3-bedroom villa in Alibaug with large lawns is also pet-friendly. The in-home Marwari chef, Mahendra, dishes out lip-smacking authentic Rajasthani meals as well as North Indian preparations.
- Olive Greens, Karjat: Lawns, pool party, and greens overpowering your mind. At this 4-bedroom pet-friendly villa in Karjat, there’s also an in-home bar with a canopy. Reminiscent of a getaway to distant relatives’ farmhouses, this is one of the best Raksha Bandhan getaways. It will not just bring you closer to nature but also to your loved ones. Enjoy an evening outdoors playing badminton or cricket, have a sundowner by the pool, and share childhood memories all along. (Know our Karjat villas better.)
- Summer Salt, Alibaug: Bring your childhood memories alive at this fun home, which comes with a backstory – much like y’all. Take the plunge in the large pool, a safe visit to Akshi beach that is literally a 3-min walk from the home with direct access, and take in the greens. The home exhibits a vintage vibe with its fine use of Parsi and colonial-style furniture subtly mixed with modern furnishings. If yours is a book-loving lot, there won’t be a more incredible gift than the in-home library, which has a curated collection of books in the corner of the living room. Nosedive into stories from your favourite writers and bond in quietude.
- Kenwoods, Vikramgad: If hanging around a poolside bar is part of your ‘Bandhan plan’, this home is perfect. A cutesy 5-bedroom home in the lesser-frequented region of Vikramgad, this villa bears your favourite aunt’s personality. Warm, pampering, feeding, or rather, overfeeding you makes it ideal for a Raksha Bandhan getaway. At this Portuguese-style villa, get ready to be welcomed by the tastefully landscaped lush greenery. Set on 2.5 acres, the home is surrounded by chikoo and mango plantations. The rooms open out onto a large terrace with a breathtaking view. The home has a charming gazebo and a natural pond. For times you want to kick back and relax (or pull each other’s legs), there are hammocks around, too.
- Roselle, Malavli: If it’s sisters before misters, this home is the ideal choice. If you wish to celebrate the day with your girl gang, we can’t recommend this home enough. This home has cute little corners and a lawn where you can bond over badminton or early morning chai. Its interiors feature large windows, neutral hues, and bright comfy furnishings, which liven up this pet-friendly place.
- Arezu, Igatpuri: The first of many festivals, there’s nothing like some homely banters in a space that oozes familial warmth. A 6-bedroom villa in Igatpuri, this mansion-style villa is a blend of English backyard openness and Persian charm. Pet-friendly, this villa has a mix of middle-eastern influences and contemporary decor. Gather your folks on the lawns or the large living rooms on the ground and first level for a ‘Happy Raksha Bandhan’. While here, you can even try your hand at archery, go cycling, have a picnic, or catch butterflies.
- Valley’s Edge, Panchgani: If Raksha Bandhan is also a great excuse for you to step out from the city straight into the arms of nature, this one’s a great choice. A breathtaking 3-bedroom villa, it overlooks the Krishna River and Dhom Dam and offers an expansive 180° view right from its living room. This two-level home has meticulously maintained outdoor areas, making it perfect for get-togethers.
- Barney, Lonavala: Fred and Barney are our guest favourite twin villas in Lonavala with 4 bedrooms and a pool, each. A fun pool villa that offers beautiful views of the hill station, get ready to make those Raksha Bandhan reels here with your Bachpan Ka Pyaars. (Pssst: What if we told you that the famous sister-brother duo Jamie and Jesse Lever had a cousin’s getaway right next door, at Fred?)
- Rose By The Lake, Nashik: If you wish to be at someplace nice, open, and welcoming with your people, ‘wine’ not try a home set in the midst of a vineyard. At this 3-bedroom pet-friendly home, have one of the best Raksha Bandhan getaways and enjoy Nashik-style meals. As you take in Lake Waldevi’s views from all the bedrooms, feel at ease at this private getaway.
With the beginning of the Indian festive season, celebrating at a private villa shows just how much you care for your loved ones – it’s safe, it’s sanitised, it’s fun and it’s wholesome – much like your bond 🙂